HDPE gas pipe APPLICATION
TEE PIPE’s Black/Yellow Striped High-Density polyethylene (PE100) gas pipes are suitable for fuel gas use in multiple applications for gas distribution, and oil and gas gathering.
HDPE gas pipeS benefits
- Long service life, up to 100 years.
- Flexibility. The fracture elongation of PE pipe is more than 500% , and it will not break under different ground subsidence and earthquake. Bending Radius (R ≥15D) , no need to use elbow joints, easy construction.
- Cold tolerance. The Coefficient of thermal expansion of PE pipe is 1.5 x 10-4 MM/MM, and its length is hardly affected by the temperature change. Even at-80 °c, the HDPE pipe has no physical change, especially suitable for cold area.
- Fusibility. HDPE Gas Pipe can be used to Electrofusion or butt-fusion joint, the connection part is complete, tight, Eliminate Potential Leak Points.
- Corrosion resistance.
- ACID resistance. Dip hydrochloric acid at room temperature. The Pe pipe is not affected by sulfuric acid (≤70%), nitric acid (≤25%) , phosphoric acid, hydrofluoric acid and complex acid (≤10%).
- Light Weight (only 1/7 of steel pipe) easy transportation, construction.
HIGH DENSITY POLYETHYLENE gas pipeS DESCRIPTION
Polyethylene pipe is classified into PE32, PE40, PE63, PE80 and PE100 in the world, while PE80 and PE100 are the main materials used in gas pipe and water pipe. Tee Pipes’s hdpe gas pipe material are mostly PE100.
and hdpe Pipe for gas is a replacement of traditional steel pipe and polyvinyl chloride gas.
JOINT METHODS OF HDPE GAS PIPES
- Electrofusion. Especially for pipes with diameter less than 160mm.
- Butt-fusion. Espeically for pipes with diameter more than 160mm.
- Steel-Plastic join.Flange, screw thread and other methods can be used to connect the HDPE pipes to Steel pipes.